Hey there, super mums of the business world! Let’s face it, juggling the chaos of parenthood and the hustle of business can sometimes feel like trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube blindfolded. But what if I told you there’s a secret weapon that can help you navigate this labyrinth with a little more grace and a lot less stress? Journaling can revolutionise your business and personal life.
Why Journal, You Ask
Journaling isn’t just for angsty teens or the Bridget Joneses of the world. It’s a powerhouse tool for clarity, creativity, and yes, even crushing those business goals. Here’s the lowdown:
- Crystal Clear Clarity: Ever feel like your brain is a browser with 50 tabs open? Journaling helps you close some of those tabs. It allows you to pour out ideas, thoughts, and to-dos, making room for strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- Stress-Be-Gone: Running a business while managing a family can crank up your stress levels to eleven. Writing down your fears, frustrations, and feelings is like having a budget-friendly therapist at your fingertips.
- Goal Getter: Journaling keeps your goals in sight and your actions aligned. It’s like having a personal coach who’s not afraid to nudge (or shove) you in the right direction.
- Creativity Unleashed: Ever noticed how your best ideas pop up at the most random times (like during a 3 AM feeding session)? Journaling captures these sparks of brilliance before they fizzle out.
Journaling in Action – A Day in the Life
Imagine this: You drop the kids at school, grab a latte, and sit down to journal.
You jot down last night’s epiphany about a new product line, list your top priorities for the day, and scribble a reminder to book the little one’s dentist appointment.
You’ve barely finished your coffee, and already, your day seems more manageable. Fearne Cotton is a big fan of journaling.
- Morning Pages: Start with three pages of freewriting each morning. No rules, just write. It could be a brain dump of your to-do list, an outpouring of emotions, or brainstorming for your business.
- Gratitude Log: Amid the chaos, jot down three things you’re grateful for daily. It could be as simple as a successful school run or a client’s positive feedback.
- Goal Tracking: Keep tabs on your business goals. Break them down into bite-sized tasks and check them off as you go. It’s like giving yourself a gold star, and who doesn’t love gold stars?
Where to Find the Perfect Journal
Now, for the fun part – picking out your journal. Etsy is a treasure trove of unique, handcrafted journals that you can personalise. Whether you’re into sleek, minimalist notebooks or fancy something with a bit more pizzazz (sequins, anyone?), there’s something for every style.
Join the Journaling Journey
So, mums in business, are you ready to make journaling your secret weapon? First, grab a pen, then pick out a fabulous journal (I’m partial to the glittery ones myself, but you do you), and start writing. Importantly, it’s time to turn the page (pun intended) and embark on a journey of self-discovery, goal-smashing, and stress-busting. Who knows, perhaps you might just find your next big business idea between the lines of your new favourite journal.
Moreover, if nothing else, it’s a legitimate excuse to buy pretty stationery and spend ten minutes a day with your thoughts. Trust me, in the whirlwind of playdates and profit margins, those ten minutes can feel like a mini-vacation.
Keep It Real and Reap the Rewards
Remember, your journal is your no-judgment zone. It’s not about crafting perfect sentences or making sure your grammar is on point. It’s about authenticity. The more honest and unfiltered you are in your writing, the more you’ll benefit.
Share the Love
Once you’ve fallen in love with journaling (and trust me, you will), spread the word. Share the idea with other mumpreneurs. Maybe even start a journaling group where you can swap ideas, offer support, and maybe share a wine or two. After all, we’re all in this crazy, wonderful, chaotic journey of motherhood and entrepreneurship together.
Journaling: The Gift That Keeps on Giving
In the end, journaling is more than just words on a page. It’s a mindfulness practice, a business strategy, and a personal diary all rolled into one. It’s a space where the business boss and the nurturing mom can coexist and collaborate.
So, to all the multitasking, diaper-changing, deal-making supermoms out there, give journaling a try. It might just be the thing that helps you balance the books and bedtime stories with a little more ease and a lot more joy.
As you close your journal and turn back to the world of spreadsheets and sippy cups, remember that this is your journey, your story. And in the beautifully messy, wonderfully chaotic life of a mum in business, every page counts.
Until next time, keep writing, keep dreaming, and keep rocking the mumpreneur life. You’ve got this!
Do you love to journal? Perhaps it’s your thing already! Leave a comment below or get in touch to let us know what your favourite tools are for journaling!